Cameron's Scottish Foods
Original & Best Since 1955

About

Our Family Story

 
From left: Ian J, Coirah, Cormac, Ian Sr., Siobhan and Saoirse.

From left: Ian J, Coirah, Cormac, Ian Sr., Siobhan and Saoirse.

Cameron’s Market was originally started in the early 1950’s by William and Frank Cameron, two brothers who had emigrated from Scotland and settled in the town of Kearny, New Jersey. There they served the swelling ranks of Scottish immigrants who came to call the town their newly adopted home, one of which was a teenager called Ian McAndrew. In 1969 a “Fresh off the boat” young Ian was hired by the brothers and spent his time learning the tricks of the trade until 1982, when he made them an offer they could not refuse and bought out Cameron’s Market. Ian raised three children in walls of that butcher shop, and in doing so was able to pass on the culinary traditions of his ancestral homeland and continue to carry on the foods and traditions he and his family had been raised with.
In 2000, as Kearny culturally changed hands and many who’d made the Newark suburb their home sought the peace of the Jersey Shore Cameron’s Market followed suit and found it’s new home in Brick, New Jersey where it has been based ever since.